Dear colleagues and friends,
It is a great honour to host and organise the 39th Annual Meeting of the European Bone and Joint Infection Society, which will take place in Ljubljana, Slovenia on 10-12th September 2020. The conference will be held at the GR - Ljubljana Exhibition & Convention Center, conveniently located in the heart of the city, a few minutes walk from the Ljubljana central station.
Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, a university city with 285.000 inhabitants, lies halfway between Vienna and Venice at the crossroads of different cultures, geographical regions and historical developments. It is a very friendly and green city, located within a convenient two-hour flight from almost all major European airports. Although most hotels are within walking distance from the conference venue, Ljubljana offers congress participants free-of-charge use of public transport.
The conference will bring together experts, practitioners and companies involved in the treatment of bone and joint infections. Professionals attending the conference will benefit from high-level scientific presentations, knowledge sharing and networking opportunities. The scientific programme will be provided with keynote lectures, free paper sessions, industry symposia and posters.
The main conference theme is: Joining forces: optimising diagnosis and management of bone and joint infections
The topics for EBJIS 2020 are:
- Optimising antibiotic treatment of bone & joint infections (i.e., how to deal with multidrug resistant pathogens, antibiotic side-effects/complications of antibiotic treatment, when to do an oral switch, antibiotic holidays yes/no…)
- Optimal bone infection sampling and microbiological processing
- Low-grade PJI – what is the best approach?
- Musculoskeletal infections in children
- Infections of arthroscopic implants, osteotomies and tendon reconstructions
- Chronic osteomyelitis with good function. To treat or to live with?
- Spinal infections
- Fracture-related infections
We look forward to welcoming you to Ljubljana!
On behalf of the local organising committee and the EBJIS Executive Committee,
President of EBJIS