ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 1, 2018
Call for Abstracts
The Scientific Committee invites all authors to submit their abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Please, read the instructions carefully prior to writing your abstract!
Abstracts not fulfilling the given instructions cannot be accepted!
The presenting author of a selected abstract commits himself/herself to attend the Congress and present the abstract in the session at the time decided by the Scientific Committee!
Abstracts submission deadline: September 1, 2018
Abstract acceptance/rejection letter will be sent to authors by e-mail.
All abstracts can be submitted on-line only. Please use the On-line Abstract Form for submitting your abstract(s).
After submitting the completed form you will be provided with automatic e-mail confirmation that submission was successful.
In case of difficulties during submission please contact the Scientific Secretariat
In block letters. Max. 20 words.
Name of the author(s)
First name initial(s) followed by the surname, names separated by commas. Max. 8 authors per abstract. Authors should omit degrees and titles and type in upper and lower case.
Name of institution, city, state, country, no zip or postal code. If address is not the same for all authors, authors should give authors' correct affiliations by numbers.
Abstracts should be limited to 2000 characters body text (= without title, authors, and text). Cave: no figures, tables and images within abstract. Authors should not use any special formatting and should not include footnotes or references, as they will not be printed. If abstracts include special characters not normally found e.g. in the Times New Roman or Arial font, please provide a hard copy in addition to the electronic copy for comparison purposes. In particular, we are concerned about accent marks and mathematical symbols or Greek characters (e.g. Alpha, Beta).
Text of the abstract
The abstract should include:
Do not include footnotes or references in the abstract. Drug products should be identified by their non proprietary names only. Please avoid boldfacing, italics and underlining within the text.
Standard abbreviations may be used. Give the term in full length when first mentioned, followed by the abbreviation in parenthesis.
Type of presentation
Please tick the appropriate box if you are an invited speaker, wish to present a poster or an oral.
Information for E-Poster and Poster Presenters
Preparation of Posters
Please prepare your poster on one sheet of paper. Alternatively presenters may display their material on several smaller sheets.
• Posters will be displayed in portrait format.
• The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 90 cm wide x 120 cm high.
• Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
• The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
• Tacks and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters.
• Please refer to the Final Program for the poster number assigned to you.
• Please use the board with the same number
Please read carefully the instructions below regarding the creation and submission of your e-poster.
1. Creation of your e-poster with PowerPoint or any other software, to be transferred to PDF
These instructions are written for PowerPoint, but are applicable to any other software you may wish to use. Use PowerPoint 2003 or newer, and set the dimensions of your poster to: 140 cm (55 in) width x 79 (31 in) cm height, in landscape (horizontal) orientation.
• Number of pages (slides): six (6).
• E-poster file size is a max of 50 MB.
• Make sure your text and background have a large contrast.
• Minimum suggested font size: 24 (20 for references).
• For embedded images prefer .jpeg or .png file formats.
• Do not use animated effects, “animations” and videos.
• Before submitting, save your poster as a PDF file
• Send us your e-poster as Power Point presentation and as PDF file